We got hit with something pretty wild. Luckily? I guess? I didn't have enough warning to get to the door-- I checked the weather on the internet and saw the warning just before the electric went out-- or I would have been caught outside trying to make sure Banjo was secure, round up my free rangers... and my pig.... and my cat... and the ducks. I took a step toward the door and then it was like someone just flipped a switch. It was incredible to discover that everything was ok once it was over. I don't know how they all managed that. All I lost was a handful of baby rabbits, my greenhouse, and my garden. I did get some experience and lessons out of it though. -- Yes, it IS worth it to invest in an emergency radio. -- I put some money into some more emergency stuff besides just a radio. I got a spotlight with a rechargeable battery that will plug into an outlet or a vehicle so if the power ever goes down for any length of time I will just have more options without having to search for more batteries. I got a solar battery charger too though for batteries for my other flashlights. I keep candles too and lots of matches and lighters. Now we are looking for lows in the 40's tonight. Isn't that rich??! I'm just disgusted. lol Tis the season though, isn't it? Fluctuating temperatures and dangerous storms... everyone keep some supplies just in case.